Are you extremely concerned about your privacy? PureVPN has the particular advantage of third-party audits, which ensures the legitimacy of their no-logging policy.
- The security system of PureVPN is pretty solid.
- It comes with features like a Kill Switch, WireGuard Protocol, Split Tunnelling, and DNS Protection and has a no-logging policy.
- The customer support of PureVPN is very helpful and top-notch.
- Good Speed on both Mac & Windows
- No logs certified by Altius IT &
- Dedicated IP
- 20+ more supported Device
- Support Torrenting
- 5 Year Lifetime Plan available
- Sometimes it lags when changing servers in windows
This article is a detailed PureVPN Review 2022. It contains all the information about the PureVPN service, including information about its features, pros, and cons. Technology is an important and inevitable part of the world we live in currently, and in a world full of technological advances, maintaining and protecting one’s own online privacy and safety has become of utmost importance.
A VPN service is one thing that allows its users the ability to maintain their privacy and anonymity online, to ensure their safety. A VPN service does this by rerouting the user’s internet traffic to their own servers, thus effectively masking the IP address of the user.
What is PureVPN, and How is it different from other VPN services?
PureVPN was founded in 2006, making it one of the oldest and most experienced VPN services in the market. In an effort to protect user privacy and improve the transparency of the services, they have moved its headquarters from Hong Kong to the British Virgin Islands, which makes it free from the subjection to international surveillance alliances like the Five Eyes, Nine Eyes, or even the Fourteen Eyes. Being free from the surveillance of these international alliances means that PureVPN is one of the safer VPN services out there, as it cannot be forced to hand over sensitive and confidential information about its user’s data and internet activities, which is a major reason why people place their trust in the PureVPN service.
PureVPN is a service that stands out from the typical VPN service. A lot of VPN service providers are not very supportive when it comes to their policies. They tend to use the same old marketing ploys that tell you how pure they are but in reality, they do not really care about your security.
The VPN service provider offers a variety of protocols which include PPTP, L2PT, SSTP, OpenVPN, and IKEV2 and among others.
Thanks to its experience and time in the VPN market, PureVPN has expanded to have over 6,500 servers in over 78+ countries, all around the globe. A huge variety of servers and countries are important to VPN services, as the speed of one’s Internet service is dependent on the physical distance from the closest server. PureVPN’s huge options of servers globally allow the user to find and choose a server that is the closest to them. The PureVPN review will give you a comprehensive idea of this software, including its unique features and other benefits.
Check out more latest PureVPN Coupons here.
Features – PureVPN Review
1. Data Logs
PureVPN went the extra step to ensure that their users can have complete faith in them and their no-logging policy. PureVPN was audited by the Big 4, and they gave confirmation that PureVPN indeed does not keep logs of its users’ data online.
2. What is a Kill Switch and Do I need it?
A kill switch is a security feature that automatically disconnects your internet connection if the VPN connection drops. This helps to ensure that your data remains protected and confidential at all times. It is highly recommended to use a VPN service that has this feature to protect your privacy from various risks.
In the absence of a Kill Switch, even an internet outage of a few minutes can easily unmask your IP address and make your identity known.
PureVPN offers the Kill Switch feature for 4 operating systems namely, Windows, Linux, Mac, and Android.
3. Split Tunneling
A Split Tunneling feature is an important addition to a VPN service. The split tunnelling feature allows the user to decide which of their internet traffic gets encrypted by the VPN, and which internet traffic is to be sent directly to the user’s ISP. In the absence of the Split Tunneling feature, a VPN service is either ON or OFF.
PureVPN offers the Split Tunnelling feature for both operating systems, Mac and Windows. As well as iPhone and Android.
However, we cannot give a review about the PureVPN split tunnelling for Mac, as there is no feature.
4. AES 256-bit Encryption and How it protects you from Hackers
AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) is a symmetric block cypher that is used in a variety of applications, including data encryption, message authentication, and digital signatures. AES is a US government standard and is considered to be very secure. AES 256-bit encryption is the most common implementation of AES and provides an extremely high level of security.
In order to protect your privacy and ensure your security on the internet, a VPN service with strong encryption is essential. The PureVPN service uses AES-256 for its data encryption, and the strength and security of this encryption are such that it cannot be broken into easily even after someone tries for years.
The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is an encryption algorithm that is used for encrypting data with 128, 192, or 256-bit key lengths. The AES-256 is extremely popular in encryption use because of its speed and the security that it provides.
5. What are the benefits of using PureVPN for torrenting?
PureVPN review can’t get completed without exploring Torrenting.
The main benefit of using PureVPN for torrenting is that it provides high-level security and privacy. PureVPN also has a large network of servers that can provide fast and reliable torrenting speeds.
The only thing the user needs to remember is that they should connect to one of PureVPN’s special servers that are set up, especially for P2P file transfers.
PureVPN however, does not offer its P2P servers in countries like the United States, Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom, which might result in a slow torrenting in case you are in any of these countries.
If you’re looking for an easy-to-use, P2P-optimized VPN software for all main platforms, PureVPN is one of the few providers that provide and support applications for all major platforms. There are applications for Windows, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Mac OS X, and Android, as well as others, available for PureVPN’s services (including router and console-ready plugins).
Another major benefit that I will discuss in my PureVPN review is Netflix.
It can be trouble to connect to the Netflix of your own country, or even other countries, with most VPN services, but not with PureVPN. PureVPN manages to bypass all the VPN detection filters set up by Netflix and allows the user to browse and watch Netflix content without any interruptions.
PureVPN Review of All Features
- 256-Bit Encryption: PureVPN provides 256-bit military-grade encryption. This is the same level of security used by banks and governments around the world to protect their sensitive data.
- Secure Wi-Fi: PureVPN has easy-to-use built-in software that automatically secures your internet connection on Wi-Fi Hotspots, giving you the freedom to enjoy your internet without worrying about data theft or hacking.
- Port Forwarding (Paid Add-on): Port Forwarding allows you to connect to the internet through ports. It is mostly used by gamers and streamers, but it can be used for other purposes as well. PureVPN has a paid add-on available for port forwarding.
- VPN Kill Switch: A VPN Kill Switch is a security feature that PureVPN offers. It automatically stops all traffic if the VPN connection drops, ensuring that your data and identity are protected at all times.
- Dedicated IP (Paid Add-on): A Dedicated IP is an IP address that is only used by you and is not shared with any other users. PureVPN offers a paid add-on for Dedicated IP addresses.
- DDoS Protection (Paid Add-on): DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks are a type of attack that targets servers with the intention of taking them offline. PureVPN’s DDoS protection add-on is capable of defending against the most sophisticated DDoS attacks, providing the greatest level of protection.
- IP Address Masking: PureVPN hides your IP address and replaces it with one of its own, making it impossible for anyone to track your online activity.
- Anonymous Surfing: PureVPN replaces your IP address with its own in order to create a barrier between you and websites that track your browsing history.
- DNS Leak Protection: DNS might let your ISP know which websites you visit, therefore compromising your online privacy. PureVPN provides a feature to protect you from such leaks.
- IPv6 Leak Protection: IPv6 is more likely to leak your IP address, therefore PureVPN provides protection from such leaks.
- Web RTC Leak Protection: Web Real-Time Communication (RTC) lets browsers communicate directly with one another. This can lead to IP address leaks, therefore this feature is included in PureVPN’s leak protection.
- iOS VPN on Demand: iOS VPN On Demand is a feature that automatically turns the PureVPN app on when you access an insecure Wi-Fi network. It can also turn the VPN off when you are connected to a secure Wi-Fi network.
- P2P VPN: PureVPN offers a special P2P VPN service that is optimized for torrenting and other P2P activities. It allows you to torrent anonymously and it also allows you to access blocked P2P content.
- Accessing Restricted Sites: PureVPN allows you to access websites that are blocked in your country or region. It also lets you access content that is blocked due to censorship.
- Dedicated Streaming Servers: PureVPN has a number of dedicated streaming servers that are specifically optimized for streaming content. This allows you to stream content without any buffering or lag.
- P2P Protection: PureVPN offers P2P protection that prevents your network from being overloaded with P2P traffic. This ensures that you get the best performance when torrenting.
- Ultra-Fast Speed: PureVPN has ultra-fast servers that are specifically optimized for streaming and gaming. This allows you to enjoy seamless streaming and gaming without any buffering or lag.
- Defeat ISP Throttling: Throttling is a process where ISPs intentionally slow down your speeds. PureVPN lets you defeat throttling and enjoy high internet speeds.
- 10 Multi-Logins per Household: PureVPN allows you to use 10 different devices at the same time, from the same account. This is perfect for families or for people who have multiple devices.
- Unlimited Bandwidth VPN: PureVPN offers unlimited bandwidth and there are no data caps. You can use the VPN as much as you want without any restrictions.
- Split Tunneling: Split tunneling is a feature that allows you to choose which traffic goes through the VPN and which traffic goes through your regular internet connection. This is perfect for people who want to use the VPN for some activities but not for others.
Let’s discuss Protocols in the PureVPN review now. The internet protocols are what decide how data packets are sent across an internet network, and the level of security that a VPN service gives is decided based on the protocols it uses.
PureVPN uses different protocols on different operating systems. It uses OpenVPN on macOS and Android, IPSec/IKEv2 protocols on iOS, and IKEv2 / OpenVPN / WireGuard on Windows.
All of these protocols are known to provide the user with a very secure VPN, and for the users who are looking to enhance the speed of their internet connection over its security, PureVPN offers a choice between PPTP protocol and a “No Encryption” option.
PureVPN has launched the brand-new WireGuard protocol. Here’s what you need to know about it:
- It is 100x more lightweight than other protocols, meaning more reliable connection times, stability, and speed.
- No more compromising speed over security or vice versa. WireGuard lets you enjoy both
- Simply update the PureVPN app and enjoy WireGuard at no extra cost!
One of the most important parts of the PureVPN review is Privacy. PureVPN has extremely strong encryption of AES-256, which makes it immensely strong and hard to break into. PureVPN ensures that its user’s safety, security, and anonymity, and IP are completely masked.
The PureVPN app is available for both Android and iOS devices, and it is very easy to set up and use. The app provides fast and reliable connections, and it is equipped with a number of powerful security features that make it ideal for online privacy and security.
One of the standout features of the PureVPN app is its split tunnelling feature. This allows you to choose what data you want to send through the VPN tunnel and what you are happy to send through your ISP. This is ideal for people who are looking for increased privacy, but it may result in slightly slower speeds.
PureVPN Pricing Plan
Let’s discuss pricing in the PureVPN review now. PureVPN offers three different subscription plans: $10.95 for a monthly subscription, $3.24 per month for a 1-year subscription, and $1.99 per month for a 2-year subscription.
PureVPN also provides a 7 day free trial period, wherein the user can use the VPN service to see whether or not it meets their need.
As can be seen in the subscription plan prices, if you intend to get PureVPN, it is best if you get the 1-year or 2-year subscription plans to get the best deal and value for your money.
PureVPN Customer Review
It was seen that PureVPN has a 4.7 rating overall, which is not bad for a VPN service at all! Most of the customers had positive things to say, and very few were dissatisfied with the PureVPN service. We are attaching some customer reviews about PureVPN:
- “Good Service
So far the service has been good. The one time I had an issue connecting, the chat support was almost instantaneous. Thanks!”- rated 5 stars.
- “Happy with PureVPN
User-friendly connection client and always reliable.”- rated 4.5 stars.
- “Using PureVPN for over 5 years now
Have been using PureVPN for over 5 years now and am really satisfied. In case of problems or questions, the support desk always comes back promptly.”- rated 5 stars.
- “High-performance product.
Wonderful and prompt support in case of need. It is second to any other VPN. You can fully trust it.”- rated 5 stars.
Why should you Trust PureVPN?
PureVPN has been operational for over 10 years, making it one of the most experienced providers in the VPN industry. They have a large pool of satisfied users and offer top-of-the-line security features to ensure your data is always protected. In addition, they do not keep logs of your activities so you can be sure your privacy is protected.
It is trusted by top leaders like Techradar, Mashable, PCmag.com, Yahoo Finance, Cnet.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to cancel the PureVPN subscription?
The cancellation process of PureVPN is quite easy. All you have to do is, first log in to your PureVPN account. Once you have logged in successfully, access the live chat option, and request a cancellation/refund of your PureVPN subscription.
How many devices does PureVPN support simultaneously?
PureVPN can power up to 10 devices simultaneously.
How to log in to PureVPN?
To login to your PureVPN account, follow any one of the steps given below:
1. Enter the credentials of your PureVPN account and click on the ‘Login’ option.
2. Login to your PureVPN account using your VPN username and password.
How to install the PureVPN extension on Chrome?
To install the PureVPN extension on Chrome, follow these steps:
1. The first step is to go to the Chrome Web Store and search for PureVPN.
2. Once the search results come up, click on the “Add to Chrome’ button.
3. Once the above-mentioned step is completed, you have successfully installed the Chrome extension on Chrome for your device.
How much does PureVPN cost?
PureVPN offers a Free Trial for 7 days at only $0.99. They offer their VPN at a monthly price of $10.95 per month, and the 2-year subscription plan gives you access to PureVPN at $2.99 per month.
How to disconnect the PureVPN connection?
To disconnect the connection to your PureVPN, all you need to do is move the cursor to the connected icon, and it will be highlighted in red. By clicking this icon, you can easily disconnect from PureVPN.
Can I trust PureVPN?
Yes, you can trust PureVPN. It is one of the best and safest VPN connections in the market, and thus you have no reason to worry.
How to use PureVPN on Amazon Fire Stick?
To connect and use the PureVPN on your Amazon Fire Stick, simply follow these steps:
1. Switch on your Amazon Fire Stick, and once on, click on the main menu.
2. From the Main Menu, select My Apps and select PureVPN and enter your credentials.
How to use PureVPN on Android?
The setup process of PureVPN on your Android devices is pretty easy. All you have to do is follow the simple steps below:
1. The first thing you need to do is open the Google Play Store on your device, and search for PureVPN.
2. Once you find the PureVPN app, click ‘install’.
3. Wait for the installation process to be completed. Once the installation process is completed, you have the PureVPN app on your device.
The final step is to put in your information to set up your PureVPN account. Once the account is created, you can use PureVPN to your heart’s content.
How to download PureVPN on iPhone?
The installation process of the PureVPN in your iPhone is as easy as the installation process on Android devices. All you have to do is follow these simple steps:
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone and search for the PureVPN app.
2. Once you find the PureVPN app, click ‘Install’.
3. Once the installation process is completed, enter your information in the PureVPN app and set up your account.
4. Once you have created your PureVPN account, you can use PureVPN.
How to install the PureVPN extension for Firefox?
Follow these steps to install the PureVPN extension on Firefox:
1. Go to the store on your device and download the PureVPN extension on your device.
2. Once the PureVPN extension has been downloaded successfully, select ‘ADD’.
And there you go! The PureVPN extension has successfully been installed on your device and you can use it now.
How to install PureVPN on the Amazon FireTV?
To install the PureVPN on your Amazon FireTV, follow these simple steps:
1. Firstly, click on the Main Menu and go to Categories.
2. Once you are in the Categories, select the option for Utility, and then from there, choose PureVPN.
3. When you find PureVPN in the Utility section, press the Download button.
4. Once the download process is completed, you are free to use the PureVPN service.
How to watch Netflix with PureVPN?
Follow these simple steps to use your PureVPN account to watch Netflix:
The first step is to install the PureVPN app or browser extension on your device. Once this is done, set up your PureVPN account with all the information that is needed.
Once your PureVPN account is set up, choose the Stream mode, and from the list of options displayed, choose Netflix.
The next and final step is to log in to your Netflix account and enjoy!
Is PureVPN a Chinese Company?
GZ Systems Limited, a developer of Android sports apps, owns PureVPN. The company’s postal address is in Hong Kong’s Causeway Bay. Uzair Gadit, who is located in Pakistan, was a co-founder of PureVPN. The company was founded in 2007 and has contractors in Pakistan, Hong Kong, the United States, Ukraine, and United Kingdom.
Conclusion – PureVPN Review
PureVPN is a great VPN service that offers a variety of features to protect your online privacy. It has servers in over 78+ countries, and it allows you to access blocked content and websites that are restricted in your region. It also has a number of specialized servers for streaming and torrenting, and it offers unlimited bandwidth and no data caps. PureVPN is also one of the few VPN services that offer a dedicated streaming server. Overall, PureVPN is an excellent choice for online privacy and security.
PureVPN is compatible with all the major operating systems and we have given a detailed PureVPN Review 2022 for Mac, Android, iOS, Windows, and Linux in this article.