Have you ever dreamed of owning your own online business?
Do you want to be your own boss and have more control over your life?
If so, a paid membership program like the MemberPress plugin can help you make that dream a reality. With MemberPress, you can create a sustainable online business that will provide you with a passive income. Not only that, but you’ll also be able to offer your members exclusive content, access to special features, and much more. In this MemberPress review, I’ll take an in-depth look at this popular WordPress membership plugin and see if it’s the right solution for you.
In this guide, I’ll cover everything you need to know about MemberPress, including:
What To Look For In A WordPress Membership Plugin
When you’re looking for WordPress membership plugins, there are a few key features you’ll want to keep in mind. Here are some of the most important factors to consider:
- Content Dripping: Content dripping’ is the ability to release content to members over time, rather than all at once. This is a great way to keep people engaged with your site, and it can also help you space out your content creation so you’re not overwhelmed.
- Community Creation: Many membership sites have some sort of community element, whether it’s a forum, private groups, or comments on protected content. If community building is a key part of your site, look for a plugin that offers easy ways to create and manage communities.
- Coupons: Coupons can be a great way to entice people to sign up for your site, or offer discounts to existing members. Make sure the plugin you choose offers an easy way to create and manage coupons.
- Payment Options: You’ll want to make sure the plugin you choose offers a variety of payment options, including PayPal, Stripe, and credit cards.
- Membership Levels: Many membership plugins will let you create different levels of membership, with different access levels and prices. This is a great way to offer something to everyone.
- Integrations: Make sure the plugin you choose integrates with the other tools and platforms you use (like your email marketing software or learning management system).
- Content Expiration: This is the ability to set how long certain content is available to members. This can be a great way to encourage people to sign up for a longer membership.
- Subscription Types: It refers to the ability to offer different membership types, like monthly, yearly, or even lifetime. This is a great way to cater to different needs and budgets.
- Subscription Management: It allows you to easily manage your members’ subscriptions, and cancel or upgrade them as needed.
- Flexibility: You want a plugin that is flexible and can be customized to meet your needs. Look for a plugin that offers a variety of options and settings.
- Ease of use: The plugin should be easy to set up and use, so you can start selling memberships as quickly as possible.
- Support: The plugin should come with great support, so you can get help when you need it.
- Good reputation: Check out online reviews of membership plugins to see what others are saying. Look for a plugin that has a good reputation among users.
With so many options available, choosing the right membership site plugin can be a daunting task. But if you keep these things in mind, you can narrow down your choices and find the right plugin for your website or online course.
What is MemberPress?
MemberPress is a powerful WordPress plugin that gives you the ability to turn your WordPress site into a fully-fledged membership site with ease. It is a simple yet powerful solution that provides you with all the features you need to create a successful membership site.
With MemberPress, you can create an unlimited number of membership levels, each with its own rules and regulations. As well, you can create an online course, sell access to your content, or offer a subscription-based service.
MemberPress is the perfect solution for anyone who wants to create a membership site.
Why use MemberPress?
There are many reasons to use MemberPress. Some of the most popular reasons include:
1. Increase revenue: With MemberPress, you can easily charge for access to premium content, courses, and other digital products. This can help you boost your revenue and reach your business goals.
2. Build a loyal audience: MemberPress makes it easy to build a loyal audience of members who are invested in your content. This can help you create a more engaged and supportive community around your business.
3. Offer exclusive content: MemberPress lets you offer exclusive content to members, which can help you differentiate your business and attract new customers.
4. Increase engagement: It can help you increase engagement with your content by making it easy to create a members-only forum or blog. This can help you create a more interactive and engaging experience for your audience.
5. Simplify content management: It simplifies content management by letting you manage all your content in one place. This can save you time and energy, and help you keep your content organized and accessible.
MemberPress is a WordPress plugin that gives you everything you need to sell memberships to your online course.
Here are some of the key features:
- Create and manage membership levels
- Sell online courses and memberships
- Content dripping
- Course and membership management
- Community building
- Access Site Content using Paywall
- Discount Codes
- Integrated payment gateway
- Drag and drop page builder
- Built-in affiliate program
- Detailed reporting and analytics
- Integrated email marketing
- And much more MemberPress features on the official website!
How To Use MemberPress?
Now, I’ll show you how to get started with MemberPress and how to use it to create a powerful membership site.
To get started with MemberPress, you’ll need to purchase a license and install the plugin on your WordPress site. After buying a subscription, you will be redirected to the Overview page of the MemberPress Dashboard. Then click on the “Downloads” tab.
Now you can download the MemberPress plugin from here. You can also find your license key, including the renewal date and a full list of MemberPress add-ons.
Once you downloaded the WordPress plugin, now it’s time to install it on your website.
To install the MemberPress plugin, go to your WordPress dashboard and click on “Add New” under the plugins section. Then click on the “Upload Plugin” button. Choose the MemberPress Zip file you just downloaded from the website and click on “Install Now.” After installing the plugin, click on the “Activate Plugin” link.
Now go to the ‘Settings’ page of the MemberPress plugin to activate the license. Copy the license key from the MemberPress dashboard and paste it into the box provided on your WordPress site.
Now that the MemberPress plugin is installed and activated, let’s take a look at how to use it to create a powerful membership site.
Setup Payment Gateway
The first thing you need to do is set up a payment gateway so you can start charging your members. MemberPress supports nearly all of the popular payment gateways including PayPal, Authorize.net, and Stripe.
To set up a payment gateway, go to the MemberPress “Settings” page and click on the “Payments” tab. Then click on the “Add Payment Method” grey ‘+’ button. Select your payment gateway (Stripe, Paypal standard & Offline) from the dropdown menu and enter all other details.
MemberPress recommends ‘Stripe’ for the payment gateway because It is the best way to accept all major credit cards, as well as Apple Pay, Google Wallet, and iDeal. With Stripe, you can easily set up flexible subscription and billing terms, and take advantage of fraud prevention tools to keep your business safe.
Once you fill in all details according to your payment gateway then click on the ‘Update Options’ button at the bottom of this section.
Now that you have a payment gateway setup, it’s time to create your first membership level.
Creating Membership Levels
The first thing you’ll need to do is create your membership levels. MemberPress makes it easy to create as many levels as you need.
To create a membership level, click on the “Memberships” tab in the left-hand sidebar and then click on the “Add New” button.
On the next screen, you’ll need to enter a Title and description for your membership level.
On the right sidebar, you can set up membership terms with pricing and billing options for one-time or recurring payments. If you choose a recurring payment plan, you can charge your users at various intervals, such as weekly, monthly, yearly, or every 3 or 6 months. You can also set your own custom period.
Another option is to offer a trial period, which you can set in days, with a corresponding cost. This way, your users can try out your service before committing to a longer-term plan.
The second billing type is One-time. If you want to offer a lifetime subscription to your users, or for a limited period, this is the perfect option.
Now scroll down to the more Membership options.
The first tab is Registration. All features under this section are related to new user sign-ups and provide more customized features for a better user experience.
- You can write any custom thank you message with an image.
- Welcome Email
- Customize Payment methods and User Information fields.
- And more!
Groups are a great way to keep your membership’s pricing plans organized. With MemberPress, you can create as many groups as you need and add/remove plans from those groups at any time.
To create a group, click on the “Groups” tab and then click on the “Add New” button. On the next screen, you’ll need to enter a name and description for your group.
Once you’ve created your group, you can add membership to it by clicking on the “Add” (+) button. Choose from any of the available plans. Your plans will now be added to your group.
There are some more options in the Group. Such as:
- The “upgrade path” feature allows users to apply for only one membership at a time, instead of being subscribed to multiple memberships simultaneously.
- When a paid subscription to a group expires or is cancelled, the system will automatically downgrade the membership to the next lower level. If you are unsure about which membership to choose, the default option is usually the best choice.
- Disable Change Plan Pop-Up
- Disable Pricing Page
You can also create rules to determine which content is accessible to which group members.
For example, you could create a rule that allows only members of the “Gold” membership to access certain pages or posts on your site.
To do this, go to the “Rules” tab and click on the “Add New Rule” button.
You will then be able to select which content is restricted and which membership level can access it.
When you scroll down on this page, you will find 2 more options: Content Dripping and Expiration. If you select one of these options, MemberPress will ask you to specify what causes this event. You must also specify how long it takes between the trigger action and the content being released.
Once you are satisfied with all settings then just click on the ‘Save Rule’ button on the top right side of this page.
Creating Discount Codes
Discount codes are a great way to encourage signups to your membership site. MemberPress makes it easy to create discount codes and coupons.
To create a discount code, click on the “Coupons” tab in the left-hand sidebar and then click on the “Add New” button.
MemberPress automatically creates a new coupon for you, which you can edit according to your needs.
Now let’s take a look at the Coupon area options:
1. Discount: This discount will apply to all recurring and lifetime membership plans, but it will not apply to paid trials.
2. Discount Mode: MemberPress offers three modes for this option. Standard, First Payment and Trial Override. Standard means the discount will apply to any plan or subscription mentioned above. First Payment Discount means you can offer a discount for the first month or year and when the user renews the account then he or she has to pay the full amount.
3. Usage Count: You can set this coupon for limited users, such as the first 100 users will get a discount.
4. Allow Upgrades and Downgrades: You can allow users to upgrade or downgrade their membership plans using this coupon.
5. You can set the Schedule Coupon Start and expiration date.
Integrating with Email Marketing Platforms
Convertkit is one of the most popular email platforms among bloggers and online entrepreneurs. It’s easy to use and very powerful.
To connect MemberPress with Convertkit, you’ll need to get your API Key from your Convertkit account.
Once you have your API Key, go to the MemberPress->Addons page and install the Email add-on. After installing and activating the addon, go to the ‘Marketing’ tab under the ‘Settings’ page in MemberPress and click on Enable Convertkit. Enter your API key and click Update Options.
That’s it! You’ve now successfully connected MemberPress with Convertkit.
The Reports tab shows you detailed information about all the membership activity on your site.
You can see things like:
- Total number of memberships sold
- Number of new memberships each day
- Membership conversion rate
- Average order value
- And more…
This information is really valuable in understanding how your membership site is performing and what areas you can improve on.
To access the Reports tab, go to MemberPress->Reports in your WordPress admin dashboard.
There are three different pricing plans available for MemberPress. Use our affiliate link and get up to a 50% discount on all plans.
- Basic: $179.50 instead of
- Plus: $269.55 instead of
- Pro: $319.60 instead of
The Basic plan is perfect for those just getting started with membership sites. With the Basic plan, you’ll get access to all the essential features of MemberPress, including content protection, subscription management, coupons, and member management.
If you’re looking for more features and flexibility, the Plus and Pro plans are perfect for you. With the Plus plan, you’ll get access to additional features like drip content, BuddyPress, Convertkit, Developer tools, Helpscout, Zapier, and Amazon web services.
And with the Pro plan, you’ll get access to even more features like corporate account, gifting, Authorize.net, exclusive addon Affiliate Royale, and priority support.
There are a lot of things to love about MemberPress. Here are some of the biggest pros:
There are a few things to keep in mind before choosing MemberPress. Here are the biggest cons:
If you’re looking for MemberPress alternatives, here are a few worth checking out:
My Experience with MemberPress during Review
I had a great experience using MemberPress during my review. The plugin is easy to use and very flexible, which is perfect for creating a subscription-based or course website. It also includes a lot of features, which is ideal if you’re looking for a feature-rich paid membership solution.
The only downside is the price. At $359 for a single site license, it’s one of the more expensive membership plugins out there. However, if you’re looking for a feature-rich solution that will grow with your needs, then MemberPress is definitely worth the investment.
Frequently Asked Questions – MemberPress Review
What can I do with MemberPress?
Memberpress can be used to create online courses, membership sites, and subscription content. It includes features like drip content, courses, quizzes, and community forums.
Is MemberPress Free?
No, MemberPress is a paid plugin. You can find more details about the pricing here – https://memberpress.com/pricing/.
Does MemberPress work with WooCommerce?
Yes, MemberPress integrates with WooCommerce to give you the option of selling physical or digital products as part of your membership site.
Is MemberPress an LMS?
No, MemberPress is not an LMS. However, it can be used to create online courses as part of your membership site.
Do Membership sites make money?
Yes, membership sites can be very profitable. They offer a recurring revenue stream, which can be a great way to stabilize your income.
How much does a membership website cost?
The cost of a membership website depends on a number of factors, including the size and complexity of the site, the features you need, and whether you use an existing platform or build your own.
Can You sell courses on MemberPress?
Yes, you can sell courses on MemberPress. You can find more information about setting up courses here – https://memberpress.com/docs/setting-up-courses/.
Does MemberPress work with Elementor?
Yes, MemberPress integrates with Elementor to give you the option of creating custom membership pages using the drag-and-drop page builder.
Is MemberPress The Right Paid Membership Solution For You?
Now that we’ve taken a look at both the pros and cons of MemberPress, it’s time to answer the question: is MemberPress right for you?
If you’re looking for an easy-to-use, flexible, and feature-rich paid membership solution for creating a subscription-based or course website, then MemberPress is a great option.
However, if you’re on a tight budget or if you don’t have a WordPress website, then MemberPress might not be the best solution for you.
If you are looking to build a paid forum community, you should also look elsewhere as MemberPress does not include this feature. You can consider other plugins like LearnDash for this purpose.
What do you think? Is MemberPress the right paid membership solution for your needs? Let us know in the comments below!